VEGAS'S LEADER IN CUSTOM CABINETRY
CUSTOM CABINET FAQ
Below are some of the most common questions about custom cabinets and kitchen renovation we receive.
What We Do
Areas We Serve
Request a Quote
Get Expert Cabinetry
Is It Worth Getting Custom Cabinets?
Yes, custom cabinets are 100% worth it. Custom cabinets are the perfect solution if you want unique, bespoke cabinets to match your home’s style and aesthetic. Custom cabinets are high quality and can feature several different colors and styles.
Most custom cabinets consist of high-quality wood that will last for several years and looks great, no matter what kind of interior decorating you have in your house. However, custom cabinets are relatively expensive, and it can take a while for contractors to build the cabinets from scratch.
How Long Does It Take to Install Custom Cabinets?
It depends on the size and scope of the installation projects, but most custom cabinets take anywhere between five and 14 days to install. If you have a smaller kitchen, installation can take as little as two days.
The amount of time installing custom cabinets takes also depend on how many cabinets you want. A full-sized kitchen can have as many as ten cabinets, and many kitchens have cabinets with special features. When installing the cabinet hardware, you will need to plan to be out of the space while the workers do their job.
How Long Do Custom Cabinets Last?
High-quality custom cabinetry can easily last upwards of 50 years if you remember to get regular maintenance and cleaning. Cabinets are one of the longest-lasting fixtures in homes, and you can install custom cabinets that last a lifetime.
However, cabinets eventually need replacing. Below are some common signs that you should replace your custom cabinets.
- You don’t have enough storage space anymore.
- You notice discoloration on your cabinet doors and the body.
- Your cabinets start to smell like rotting wood.
- You notice water damage causing stains and discoloration.
- The doors have come loose from excessive wear and tear.
- You notice cracking, peeling, and damaged corners on your cabinets.
- You want to redo the layout of your kitchen.
- You want to install new cabinets with special amenities and additions.
What Is the Best Wood for Custom Cabinets in Las Vegas?
The best wood for custom cabinets depends on your budget, cabinet style, and personal preferences. However, some of the most popular woods for custom cabinets include:
These five types of wood are highly durable, moisture-resistant, and work well with most staining and paint products. Pine and sandalwood are two other popular types of wood for cabinets that typically cost less than the above five.
However, real wood cabinets are expensive, and building them requires a lot of work. If you are on a budget, you can purchase pre-manufactured cabinets that consist of particle board, MDF, or plywood. These kinds of cabinets are less durable and more susceptible to damage but are cheaper to buy and install.
What Accessories Can I Add to Custom Cabinets?
With custom cabinets, homeowners have a lot of choices for accessories and upgrades. Some of the most common accessories for custom kitsch cabinets include:
- Recycling/trash pullout. Recycling or trash pullouts let you save space and keep your garbage out of sight. Simply pull the cabinet to throw trash and recycling away.
- Tray divider. Tray dividers allow for more organization for cooking and banking trays. These accessories work well in thinner cabinets that might not find other utility due to their size.
- Spice storage. One of the best cabinet accessories is a spice organizer. You can install a spice organization rack near the stove, so you can always have spice on hand for cooking.
- Cutlery organization. Another idea for accessories is a cutlery organization rack. Cutlery racks organize knives, spoons, and forks, so they are always on hand.
- Rollouts. Rollout cabinets have several levels that can easily extend and retract independently. Rollouts maximize existing cabinet space and are perfect for organizing pots, pans, tupperware, and plates.
- Lazy Susan. A lazy susan is a good addition to corner cabinets and consists of a rotating circular tray. You can easily sort and organize items with a lazy susan to make things easier to find.
Four Star Interiors has been serving the Las Vegas area for over 25 years and have provided countless homeowners with our high-quality custom kitchen cabinets. We take great pride in going above and beyond to help our customers create their dream kitchens. Let us help you with your next kitchen remodel project!
Contact us online or call today at (702) 289-8837 to schedule an appointment for custom cabinets!
Call (702) 289-8837 for the best cabinetry services in Las Vegas, NV & Nearby Cities.
25+ Years Experience
Over 25 years experience in kitchen design, custom cabinet building and installation. Whether you choose custom cabinets or our pre- manufactured cabinets , who better to help you choose, design and install your cabinets?
We offer custom cabinets, pre-manufactured cabinets, kitchen and bath (vanities), home entertainment centers, bars and bookcases.
Many Completed Projects
Our cost-effective Las Vegas custom cabinet options will allow you to stick to your kitchen design or home renovation budget while achieving results that exceed your expectations.